The following images were taken during our first trip to Haiti.
While there, we were able to distribute food, water and soap to children in Dajabon (the boarder between Haiti and the Dominican Republic).
We also . . .
- met with a local business owner who has a water filtration company and owns the hotel that will house our teachers;
- visited a local church in Ouanaminthe that has an orphanage and school;
- donated money, clothes, books and writing utensils;
- had a great encounter with a group of children bathing in a lake in a small village near the northern mountains of Haiti;
- provided them with food and clean water to drink;
- met with the Administrator and Director of The American English Institute . . . this school is expected to have a little over 200 students and only five teachers for the upcoming 2012-2013 school year;
- used the money raised from Balm Seeds' business launch to purchase and distribute school supplies and t-shirts to the schools we visited; and finally,
- discussed plans on how our organization plans to aid these schools.
Our next album, Balm Seeds in Haiti. November 2012 will showcase the one hundred (100) uniforms we are sending to Haiti along with the boxes of supplies that will be used to aid with the upcoming school year.